About Backflow Boot Camp®
Backflow Boot Camp® is a unique, 3-day workshop designed to assist water systems with the development, implementation, and management of their cross connection control and backflow prevention program. The goal of the camp is to target multiple water systems within a local geographic area to participate so that attendees may share experiences amongst themselves long after the camp is complete. The camp will serve as a refresher for any certifications the attendee may possess and focus on proven techniques to increase water customer participation in the backflow program. Techniques and strategies will be centered an article in the Southwest Water Works Journal entitled Backflow Prevention Programs: Keys to Success .
Backflow Prevention Services (BPS) has been a leading provider of cross connection control and backflow prevention training and consulting since 2004. Having assisted dozens of water systems with the commencement of their program, BPS is keenly aware of the trials and tribulations associated with starting a program and will assist camp participants with eliminating or navigating the obstacles that could be encountered.
Backflow Boot Camp® is more than a single 3-day event and includes long term support from Backflow Prevention Services. The Camp includes:
- Quality Training by knowledgeable professionals
- Digital and written copies of a proven Policy and Procedures template
- Ordinance template for easy editing to fit your needs
- Plumber’s Packet template to guide plumbers and testers through the program which eases the burden on the program manager’s time.
- Water system records imported into GARDER® — a low cost, easy to use, cloud based comprehensive program management software application developed by program administrators for program administrators.
- Complimentary 1st year subscription to GARDER®*
- Consulting support**
*Annual subscription rate is $199.00 per PWS number. Additional charges apply to those attendees desiring to import existing backflow data into GARDER®. Charges for importing current backflow records into GARDER® are $1.00 per saved backflow preventer test report. Any future saved test reports shall be at a cost of $5.00 per saved test report.
** Includes phone and email support only. On-site consulting is not included; however, BPS representatives are available upon request.
Submit water system data prior to camp in correct format (Excel spreadsheet will be provided by BPS upon registration.)
Attendee must bring Tablet Computer to the Camp (iPad, Windows Surface, etc.)