Cross Connection Control Surveys
Backflow Prevention Services, LLC offers cross connection control surveying services to commercial, industrial, and municipal clients. Louisiana Revised Statute 40:4.12 requires certain industrial customers to have cross connection surveys performed every five (5) years. BPS surveys target both isolation and containment protection at a facility to identify potential and actual cross connections. Backflow prevention assemblies present at the site are noted and recommendations of appropriate backflow prevention devices are then made for all unprotected cross connections in accordance with the Louisiana Code.
Cross Connection Control AND BACKFLOW PREVENTION CONSULTING
Backflow Prevention Services, LLC (BPS) assists clients with the development and implementation of their backflow prevention program in accordance with EPA regulations and state policy.
BPS’s strategic approach is as follows:
1. Train the client about the terminology within the cross connection control and backflow prevention industry.
2. Assist the client with developing a program (policy and procedures) specific to the individual water system.
BPS comprehensive program template is a valuable time saving instrument used as the starting point for tailoring a program specific to client needs. The program manual is essential to the overall success of implementing and managing an effective backflow prevention program.
3. Assist the client by developing management skills for the program.
This component of the consulting work focuses on record keeping, software applications, public relations, permitting process, letter distribution, construction plan review, and dealing with non-compliant customers. Information provided includes sample letters in written and digital format.
4. Provide follow-up assistance.
BPS recognizes that program management experience in the backflow industry is often limited. As a result, we provide over 10 years consulting experience to our clients as a tool to enable them to effectively implement and manage their cross connection control and backflow prevention program.
The benefits of using Backflow Prevention Services, LLC include:
- A thorough working knowledge of the industry,
- An organized approach to program management,
- Familiarity with state regulations,
- A reduction in tasks for existing utility personnel, and
- Efficiency in data management resulting in lower overall cost.